cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natalie_stein
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to create an automation that will do the following:

When a status is updated to "client reviewing quote," the date in the "quote sent date" column for that record will fill automatically with today's date (in other words, I can't put in "3/20" because I want it to be contemporaneous with the date the status is changed, not stay stuck on one date).

I have searched around and tried a bunch of things but cannot seem to figure out how to do this simple automation. 

Anyone know how to help me?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

In your screenshot, just remove the value "Quote Sent Date" so that only "Last Modified" is in there and I believe that should work

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Try:
1. Creating a new "Last modified time" field that watches the "Status" field
2. Creating an automation that will trigger when record meets conditions, specifically, when "Status" is "Client Reviewing Quote"
3. Its action will be an "Update Record" action that will update the "Quote sent date" with the value of the field from step 1

Hi Adam,

I have done steps 1 and 2, but I am stuck on how to do step 3. I am attaching a screenshot of what I see. How do I get it to use the modified time to update the "quote sent date?"

natalie_stein_0-1679409443241.png

Thanks,

Natalie

In your screenshot, just remove the value "Quote Sent Date" so that only "Last Modified" is in there and I believe that should work

natalie_stein

Great, thanks so much!