Help

Automatically create sub-tasks when a project is entered based on project deliverables

Topic Labels: Automations
476 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RL0712
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone, 

Hope you are doing well. 

I need help regarding an automation 🙏 I'm struggling to do it so I'm asking the help of the Airtable Community

On my base, I got a table calls "Project table" where I put all my project here. In this table I got a Multiple select field calls "Deliverable" where I put all the deliverable of each project : Email, Post, Analysis. 

On my base I also got a table calls "Task table" where I want to automate the creation of all the tasks regarding each deliverable of each project. 

For example:
- I got a Project on my "Project table" with 2 deliverables : Email and Analysis 
- I will need to have on my "task table" an automation who will automatically create all tasks regarding the creation the deliverable "Email" and "Analysis" (as it's the same tasks for each email and Analysis) 

My problem here is when I have multiple deliverables, my automation will only consider the first deliverable it finds (For example, when I have a project with deliverables = Analysis and Email, it will only automatically create the tasks for "Analysis" and not for "Email". 

Can someone helps me to put in place the right thing to do please 

Thank you in advance everyone and have a nice day 🔥

1 Reply 1
RL0712
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

RL0712_0-1701261273088.png

This is my automation. 

i don't know which trigger will suit my automation but when a record has "IPD" "Email" "Analysis" as deliverable: 
- If the field deliverable has Email, it will need to create the 3 tasks record in the "task table"
- If the field deliverable has IPD, il will need to create the 3 tasks record in the "task table" 
- If the field deliverable has "Analysis", it will need to create the 2 tasks record in the "task table" 
But also: 
- When a the field deliverable has "IPD", "Email" and/or "Analysis", it will need to create all the tasks regarding those deliverables (for example, if the field deliverable has "IPD" and "Analysis" it will need to create the 5 tasks in the "tasks table") 

Thank you in advance everyone