Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axel_Meta
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have 2 tables:

1. Actors (a database of actors sorted by gender [single select], min.age they can play and max. age they can play)
  2. Actors wanted (a database where directors can input the gender [single select] and age range they are looking for)

I’m trying to run an automation where when a director enters what she/he is looking for, it filters for all qualifying actors and sends an email to all qualifying actors.

Problem: the filter is showing an error. I’ve tried to only filter by age, only by gender but it always responds with an error like " Invalid filter on Min. Age".

Any idea what I can do to make the filter work?

Many thanks

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 23.59.47

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 23.47.52

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 23.46.54

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 23.56.49 Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 23.56.13

4 Replies 4
Elisabeth_Schlo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Reviving this question. I have the same issue where I’d like to check if a value lies between a min and max value of a list. Is anyone able to help figure out what’s causing the ‘invalid filter on {number field}’ issue?

Welcome to the community, @Elisabeth_Schloemmer! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Could you describe your setup in greater detail? Screenshots would be very helpful (even if you have to mask out things for privacy).

Hi, I figured this out. Can you share what you need and I’ll be happy to share the formula I used.

Elisabeth_Schlo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, thank you so much for the quick replies! I’ve been able to solve the issue with changing the trigger. It now runs on “When record is created” and the first action is to “Find records”. That way the error didn’t occur again.

I’ll take notes for what information to submit in a post next time, I can see that wasn’t quite clear.

Axel_Meta, I’d still be curious about your solution, perhaps it will help someone else down the line too.