557 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Harriso
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m trying to create an automation to take data from one cell in a record and paste it into another, linked, cell in that record.
Capture
I set it up to trigger if “PART NAME” is not empty and “PARTS” is empty. Then it is supposed to take the value from “PART NAME” and update “PARTS”. When I run a test it does find a record to update but when I turn the automation on nothing happens.

Any idea where I’m going wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The automation will only trigger on records that meet the condition after the automation is turned on. Any records that met the condition before the automation was turned on will not trigger the automation.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The automation will only trigger on records that meet the condition after the automation is turned on. Any records that met the condition before the automation was turned on will not trigger the automation.

hhspiel

I have a question on a very similar issue.  Created an automation that finds information about a record on one table, and then writes that information to a field on another table.  The trigger is when a record matches conditions, or more specifically in our case, when a relevant field isn't blank.

I understand that the automation will on trigger for conditions met after the automation was turned on.  So I deleted all of the values in the triggering field, and then repopulated them, and then the automation worked.  

However, I needed to perform a similar action with 2 other fields, so duplicated the automation, made the necessary updates, turned the 2 new automations on, and then cleared the 2 triggering fields for these new automations, but nothing happens.  I've tested both automations on individual records, and they work exactly as expected.  They just don't automate for the set of records as a whole.  

Any suggestions?