Help

Re: Automation printing extension as a pdf and sending by email.

239 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Javier_Plaza_Go
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an issue, and im not sure if there is any possibility to do it, but could be a great help form my data base functionality. 

I need to, under some circunstances which would trigger the automation, to print through an extension that specific record as a PDF, and then send it as an attachment on an email. 

Is that even possible?

Thank you in advance

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Airtable does not provide that feature.

However, you can create that functionality on your own by using Make and a document-creation tool like Google Docs, Microsoft WordDocs AutomatorDocuMint, Formstack Documents, PDF Monkey, or any other document-creation app that you like.

As i mentioned above, all of these can be fully automated with Make’s advanced automations & integrations for Airtable, which is a low-code/no-code automation tool that doesn’t require any knowledge of coding.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Hi @Javier_Plaza_Go , I'm the founder of DocsAutomator. Would be great if you would give it a try and I'm always there to help! Cheers, Rupert

PS: Here's a DocsAutomator demo on YouTube: https://youtu.be/kYtHSNJucPI?si=X3HBjm37NfT2c0as

Welcome to a deep dive on how to create documents from your Airtable data, using DocsAutomator and Google Docs. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out any time! DocsAutomator: https://docsautomator.co/
Sergio
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast
Hey!

I can recommend using the Plumsail Documents extension to create documents from Airtable. Plumsail Documents is an application for generating PDF documents from templates. All you have to do is customize your template once and choose the delivery method for the PDF document created based on Airtable.

You can add the Plumsail Documents extension button in the Airtable interface to your database and with one click create documents from Airtable data in PDF. 

There is a detailed tutorial on how to do this, and there is also a video Airtable Document Automation: Create PDF from Airtable Data

Thanks Sergio. 

It works perfectly. 

Perfect solution. 

Thanks very much