1971 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George_Woodruff
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

once an Action is selected, it can’t be deleted. The only way to fix it is to delete everything and start over (keeping the Trigger alone is not much use). Hoping this is on the roadmap for urgently needed fixes.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I’m not seeing this behavior. Can you please post a screen shot? When I setup an automation, i can delete existing field values by using the delete or backspace key on my keyboard.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the Airtable community!

It is possible to delete an action. They’ve just hidden the icon. Expand the action and look for the little trash can icon in the lower left corner of the box for the action.

However, it isn’t possible yet to change the trigger for an action, which I would find useful.

sorry, I misspoke - the Action can be deleted in its entirety, but the individual pieces cannot be undone. So as an example, I choose the Send An Email option, then populate a series of fields. If I incorrectly select anything inside that Action, the entire action needs to be deleted, rather than just removing a selection inside of it.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I’m not seeing this behavior. Can you please post a screen shot? When I setup an automation, i can delete existing field values by using the delete or backspace key on my keyboard.

That did it! It’s a little odd that most of this is icon and button type layout to not have an “X” or something next to the step, using backspace to remove something like this isn’t something I would have thought to use. Thanks for the help :slightly_smiling_face: