3156 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Haeg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m building an automation to send emails to people if their record meets certain conditions, but am getting this error when I try to run the automation:

Google reported an error while processing this action:
Request had insufficient authentication scopes.

Has anyone experienced this before? Suggestions or solutions? Thank you!

8 Replies 8

Welcome to the community, @Andrew_Haeg! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Have you tried refreshing your Google connection? I would try completely deleting the connection that you made previously and reconnecting again.

Andrew_Haeg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks @Justin_Barrett! Much appreciated. I did as you instructed and the automation works fine now, thanks for the tip!

Stupid Newbie here… but what do you mean by “refreshing google connection”? I am having the same error…

Welcome to the community, @Gina_Fant-Simon! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: One explanation immediately followed that phrase:

However, that’s not the only option.

In the “Gmail: Send email” action configuration, click to choose the Gmail account, then select “Manage connected accounts.” In the dialog that appears, click the ellipsis (the three dots: ⋯) to the right of the Gmail account you wish to “refresh”. You could try choosing “Reconnect” if you want to refresh the connection in-place, or choose “Delete” to remove the connection and add it again from scratch.

@Justin_Barrett would we run into any issues sending 200 transactional emails (using Gmail’s Airtable integration, once per year)? Would be sent out all at once. I saw the article re gmail rate limits.
Thanks!

@Charri_Lara The support docs mention a rate limit of one email per second. Trying to send 200 at once would probably fail. For bulk email delivery, I strongly recommend using a service like MailChimp. Create a campaign there, then have an Airtable data change trigger the delivery to your audience using Zapier or Make.

Antoine_Schalle
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I am trying the same with a gmail automation sending an email. And the error message “Google reported an error while processing this action:
Precondition check failed.” appears and the automation doesn’t work.

Can you help?

Thanks