Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Error building gmail automation

Topic Labels: Automations
1488 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m building an automation to send emails to people if their record meets certain conditions, but am getting this error when I try to run the automation:

Google reported an error while processing this action:
Request had insufficient authentication scopes.

Has anyone experienced this before? Suggestions or solutions? Thank you!

8 Replies 8

Welcome to the community, @Andrew_Haeg! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Have you tried refreshing your Google connection? I would try completely deleting the connection that you made previously and reconnecting again.

Thanks @Justin_Barrett! Much appreciated. I did as you instructed and the automation works fine now, thanks for the tip!

Stupid Newbie here… but what do you mean by “refreshing google connection”? I am having the same error…

Welcome to the community, @Gina_Fant-Simon! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: One explanation immediately followed that phrase:

However, that’s not the only option.

In the “Gmail: Send email” action configuration, click to choose the Gmail account, then select “Manage connected accounts.” In the dialog that appears, click the ellipsis (the three dots: ⋯) to the right of the Gmail account you wish to “refresh”. You could try choosing “Reconnect” if you want to refresh the connection in-place, or choose “Delete” to remove the connection and add it again from scratch.

@Justin_Barrett would we run into any issues sending 200 transactional emails (using Gmail’s Airtable integration, once per year)? Would be sent out all at once. I saw the article re gmail rate limits.
Thanks!

@Charri_Lara The support docs mention a rate limit of one email per second. Trying to send 200 at once would probably fail. For bulk email delivery, I strongly recommend using a service like MailChimp. Create a campaign there, then have an Airtable data change trigger the delivery to your audience using Zapier or Make.

Hi,

I am trying the same with a gmail automation sending an email. And the error message “Google reported an error while processing this action:
Precondition check failed.” appears and the automation doesn’t work.

Can you help?

Thanks