1240 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Good day all.  I have some records where an attendee fills out a form and selects multiple events.  

This form populates several things:

• Calendar Table(which also generates GCal events)
  • Junction Table
  • Attendee's table with all the courses(Array)

I want to have another table that is a 1-1 of data, in this case, I'm thinking, Attendee - Course

I'm sure it will have to be an automation that extracts from an array, and creates a single record PER course per Attendee:

ben.smith@blah.com - Fun with ABC 051223 9am

ben.smith@blah.com - Z is the Letter 052023 10am

etc, etc.  I will then have it linked to actual records - Calendar, etc to draw data from them, as well as if needed data from this table.

Sean_Lake1_0-1684267405912.png

However, I'm first looking at the automation to first extract the said data and add to a new table, my 1-1 table.

Sean_Lake1_1-1684269764001.png

something like above.  First field being the email of the attendee(s),etc

2 Replies 2
MLO
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So, you're looking to make another junction table? What's the first one? (That will help me understand what you're trying to do better.)

I've never tried this use case, but I think you would be able to do it using the Repeat Actions option in automations. Find all records in the Course table that are contained in the linked record field in a given Attendee record in the Attendees table. Then add a Repeat Action to your automation and refer to that list. That action would involve creating a new record on the new junction table.

Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey there MLO!

Ok, I've already made another junction table:
and manually placed two "attendee's" info into them to get an idea of how I want to the data to appear:

Sean_Lake1_0-1684780139756.png

Sean_Lake1_1-1684780210471.png

So this table will store/track the attendee to the class.  So that we can see a one to one relationship.  Granted we can get this data, sort of from the other tables, but for future things like waiting lists, etc, this table will work better.

So an automation will need to be created to "paste" the values into these fields, breaking apart the data that comes from either the junction table or the training calendar one.

Sean_Lake1_2-1684780466754.png

Does that make sense now?

Does that help?