696 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WGF
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi. I am using the Find Records action to return what is frequently a more than 1 item long list of results.

I understand that the results are returned in an array, so when I try and append the results to a Google Sheet, they will all be listed in the same Sheet row.

Has someone figured out a way to create a new row for every record in the array? Or is there some completely different way of doing this?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Use a repeating group of actionsHowever, note that the “Find Record” action will only find a maximum of 100 records, so if you’re expecting more than 100 records, you’ll need to find another way of doing this.

If you know JavaScript, you can write your own custom JavaScript script to do this.

But the easiest & quickest no-code way of doing this is to use Make, which doesn’t require any programming code. There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses. There are also many Make experts hanging out there who can answer other Make questions. 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Use a repeating group of actionsHowever, note that the “Find Record” action will only find a maximum of 100 records, so if you’re expecting more than 100 records, you’ll need to find another way of doing this.

If you know JavaScript, you can write your own custom JavaScript script to do this.

But the easiest & quickest no-code way of doing this is to use Make, which doesn’t require any programming code. There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses. There are also many Make experts hanging out there who can answer other Make questions. 

apg314
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Describe your use case a bit more. If you have a bunch of rows that you’d like to extract from Airtable into Google Sheets, then it might be easier going the other direction: from Google to Airtable.

Google Sheets (all Google products for that matter, but we’ll stick with Sheets for now) supports JavaScript-like code that can very easily read from Airtable and write into your Google Sheet. The code to do this is quite simple - don’t be intimidated if you haven’t used code before - once you see how easy it is, a world of opportunities opens up. If you describe what you are looking for, I’m happy to paste in the code and steps to make it happen.