656 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanTheAmateur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey hey, I have got the following issue. My Airtable links to other apps like Documint, Make.com, NoLoCo etc.

Documint for example will use the fields in a table to create a document.

However in some cases, when I want to extract the data from the primary field (which is single line text and e.g. "Asset #1") it will not give "Asset #1" as a result but the record ID, e.g. "recnciFjzmZeLA4DY". What do I need to change? 

I have the same issues when Make.com extracts the data. 

Best regards,

jan 

4 Replies 4
Jacob_Young
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey @JAN! Are you using Airtable Scripts for this? If so, could you share the script you're using? When you reference an Airtable object from another table, you will have retrieve the full object's values to get its actual value.

documenation.jpg

JanTheAmateur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Jacob,

I actually only use the generation link that Documint generates for me which looks similar to the following:

https://app.documint.me/integrations/airtable?template_id=63ede83376d0340002a9408f&base_id=appmOQVQk...

Does this help? Cannot rule out at this stage if it is a Documint Problem and not an Airtable issue.

Best regards,

Jan

Jacob_Young

Hey Jan, 

Within Documint, what does your variable look like? Are you using typing in the first column {{Primary Field}} like the title of the field? Another thing to try if something is funky is creating another column with a formula that references that field as well.

Jacob_Young_0-1678122254010.png

Best,

Jacob

MB
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @JanTheAmateur It looks like you are trying to access a linked record. Documint needs a little extra info to do that. Here's one of their support videos on expanding linked items. Their support is also great, so ping them in their website chat and they will help you out 🙂 https://docs.documint.me/additional-resources/how-to-videos/airtable-data-and-variables-videos#loop-...