1225 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_Can
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Trying to do a basic automation where I run a find record search but do not want a failure notice if the record isn't found, and I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

I'm trying to match email domains from an email received to a contact list.  Since emails received won't always have a matching contact, I don't consider a non-result a failure, but I'm just not sure how to avoid a failure notice in the event there isn't a match.

I'm also doing the find record based on two conditions: Search for a match of domain names, and searching for any projects marked with a specific status.  This whittles the find record search down to just one record in our use case.

Anyone have any insight into how to avoid the automation failure notice if find records doesn't find a record?

2 Replies 2
autumn
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Assuming that the find records step is in the top Actions section and isn't already a Conditional Action, this should be a pretty easy fix if you make all actions following the Find records step conditional. 

You'll need to add a group of Conditional Actions and you can set the condition to be only when the number of records found is exactly 1. Then, you'll just need to drag and drop the actions that should happen only when a record is found into that grouping. Since the actions will now happen only if a record is found, you'll no longer see errors when there is no record that matches the find step. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 2.08.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-07 at 2.08.32 PM.png

Thanks for this!  Didn't think about conditional actions based on the number of found records.  So this helps me in cases where the records > 0

One issue, though: What is the "find records" action find 0 records?  It seems like it's failing at that step because finding 0 records triggers a fail.  Any thoughts about that?