114 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieMullin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a pre-filled form that is launched from a button in a record in the Assets table. When the form is submitted, the automation is triggered. A new record is created in the Updates table. Then, there's a Find Record step where a condition is entered to find the record to be updated in the Assets table. Right now, I'm using the condition Today's Date.

That's fine for testing but what I really want to do is let the Find Record value be the record from the Assets table from which I launched the form in the first place using a button.

How do I refer to that Rec ID?

14 Replies 14

I think Find Records is fine now, but I still have an error in Update Record. Checkout the two screen shots:

CharlieMullin_4-1713369426067.png

CharlieMullin_3-1713369283655.png

Thoughts?

Hm, in the "Update Record" step, instead of using "Original LMSC Rec ID", could you try using "Asset Rec ID" instead?  If that works you won't need the "Find Record" step, sorry about that

Hi Adam, couldn't get that to work either. But it does make sense that I probably don't need the Find Records action.

A record was successfully created in the Updates table, with the correct Rec ID stored in "Access Rec ID". But the "Updated Asset Last Review Date" value in the Updates table was not updated in the "Asset LR Date" in the Assets table.

I think I'll build a simpler model in a separate test base to better see what's going on.

Thanks for your ongoing guidance.

Roger that.  I've put together a working version of what I think you're trying to do here:

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 1.02.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 1.02.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 1.02.45 PM.png

Form link prefills the record ID of the Asset record, on form submit it creates a record in "Updates" which triggers an automation that updates the "Asset" record with a link to the new "Update" record

Alright Adam, I have things working now. Really, my tables are glutted and this is such a simple thing to do once I peel away a lot of my unnecessary items. Linking properly between the two tables was key.

Thanks for all your help!