Help

Gmail automation using emails that come from a linked record.

Topic Labels: Automations
812 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
101Estimates
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everybody,

I have created an automation that will send out an email from a Gmail account. However, the recipient for each email varies depending on the Project. All projects have a field that is linked to another record that contains all the information for the email recipients.

My issue is when I try to fill the Recipient field in the automation, the field that represents the linked record doesn't add the email but instead the name of the recipient. I have tried multiple times but can't seem to figure out how to solve this issue. Any kind of help is greatly appreciated!

4 Replies 4
Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Have you tried adding a lookup field for displaying the actual email address? This way it won't show the name of the linked record.

Ella_0-1694545591724.png

Ella_1-1694545671916.png

Hi @Ella !

I have similar problem.. When I want to use email from linked table (for gmail autmation), I ran into problem: "The "To" input is empty". I tried million times with your version above or with the new hidden formula field which is simply {Order Email (from Supplier)} but it doesn't work. 😞

I also create record ID field for the other table (before I had it only for the one table where I was running automations), and also.. not working.

I have no idea why this won't work. 

Hi @SpelaU 

Alas, I do not know why that didn't work for you, sorry.

Do you have screen shots of the automation and the fail notification in the run history?

Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect