1010 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerard_Blokdyk
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We have a list of questions in a base that we want to email out to gather answers, or ratings on a scale of 1-5. 

Is this possible to automate?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
David_Skinner
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

You can send emails using Automations. You'd probably want to use a Form view to for the questions which you would share in the email.

The questions need to be fields in a table, you can make them single select fields with 1 to 5 as the options. When people fill in the form their answers would come through as records in that table. 

See Solution in Thread

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There is also a “Rating” field in Airtable which can be used specifically for these purposes.

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
David_Skinner
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

You can send emails using Automations. You'd probably want to use a Form view to for the questions which you would share in the email.

The questions need to be fields in a table, you can make them single select fields with 1 to 5 as the options. When people fill in the form their answers would come through as records in that table. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There is also a “Rating” field in Airtable which can be used specifically for these purposes.

Gerard_Blokdyk
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you both, I tried to make the forms work, but it seems they'e only usable to enter a new record, not able to pull up questions from the database, display them, and ask people to rate their answers. Am I missing how to use forms? If it helps, here's the base with questions, recommendations and the Rating field https://airtable.com/appymGnhtm0h6XolS/shrPs3u7c6LG7qufj

David_Skinner
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

've made a very quick example to show you what I meant in my previous answer.

https://airtable.com/invite/l?inviteId=invRdgxZ6hqh4qqBI&inviteToken=8fa815e603c3ec392df2db5dfbedbe2...

Thank you, David. Could you please guide me on how to configure the form to retrieve questions from the database and present them to the user, prompting them for answers?

I was thinking that you might be able to use Fillout to present the questions in the desired way and then send the questions to Airtable, but I'm not exactly sure how you would structure your Airtable base & your Fillout form to make that happen. 

I feel like the easiest & most straightforward way of setting up a form like this would be to simply setup the form in JotForm. Then, you would use Make's JotForm integrations and Make's Airtable integrations to parse the incoming data from the form submissions, and put all the data into Airtable in the appropriate places. This is likely the easiest & quickest way of solving this issue.