Help

Re: Is it possible to automate an api call to update a base?

1073 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Murfitt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
New user to Airtable here, so any help would be appreciated…

What I’d like to do is every 12 hours have an external API call to update my base; is this possible using the ‘Automations’ feature of Airtable, or do I have to use something Zapier?

4 Replies 4

Hi @Mark_Murfitt, and welcome to the community.

Sure. Is your external API able to make a webhook post that conveys the data? If so, you need only creat a Webhook Action that listens for your posts and parses the field values into their respective table fields.

Mark_Murfitt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Bill,
Thanks for the reply.
I thought you might mention webhooks :slightly_smiling_face:

The app which I’m pulling data from is Adalo (not sure if you’re familiar with it or not…)

What I was hoping was that there’d be an automation app in Airtable which would run at a presecribed time (be it every 12 hours or otherwise) which would relinquish the requirement for a webhook as Adalo doesn’t have this functionality at present.

I guess if there isn’t an Airtable automation app, then it’ll have to be Zapier or the like…

Very familiar, actually.

Actually, it does. Custom Actions - this video shows how to fire off outbound webhook calls from Adalo into Zapier, but they could be fired to call into Airtable’s webhook actions as well.

Mark_Murfitt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks @Bill.French, really appreciate your help.

I thought I’d watched every Adalo video known to man, but this one seems to have snuck past me :slightly_smiling_face: