2881 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaco
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We have built an automation that syncs data from our CRM with Airtable. Each insert/update/delete in the CRM post a message to a webhook created from an Automation. This works perfectly fine for single transactions in the CRM but for a bulk update or an import in the CRM of e.g. 500 records it only processes a limited number of records (e.g. 168 out of 800).

Is there a limitation in the number of instances of a script that can run in parallel? And if so, is there a way in Airtable to work around this as I have no idea to buffer the webhooks coming in.

14 Replies 14

Thanks, @Adam_Minich! :grinning: Do you think that the pricing page could be updated to let people know that automation runs are per workspace instead of per base?

@ScottWorld Sure thing! Forgot to add that to my response. I requested that the pricing page be updated to mention the per workspace limit and/or link to the support article that discusses this limit in more detail.

Cheers!

That’s fantastic! Thanks so much, @Adam_Minich!!

@ScottWorld My (limited) understanding of Make is that it also uses webhooks to access Airtable. Wouldn't those webhooks also count against the limit of 10 per base?

I'm just starting to build out some automation scripts and Make scenarios, and I'm weighing this whole webhook thing carefully. Make isn't going to help if I need 20 scenarios that use webhooks.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @Jean_Thoensen,

No, you can create an unlimited number of webhooks and/or mailhooks in Make and use them with Airtable.

Airtable's limit only counts when you are using their own internal webhooks, and they are also extremely difficult to use, so it's best to use Make, where everything is extremely simple & straightforward.

I created a brief navigation video for Make here. And I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well (some of which cover webhooks in more depth). For example, to instantly trigger your webhook scenarios from Airtable with a script instead of a button, check out this thread

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld