Help

Linked Records Automation Automatically, But Incorrectly Leaves Out Records With Same Value

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
579 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reiedd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Context:

I've encountered an issue in Airtable where an automation I've set up to group records in one table within a linked field of another table works correctly for records with unique primary field values (the leftmost field). However, for records with the same primary field value, it only groups and links the most recent record while unlinking the preexisting records with the same value. This poses a problem for what I'm trying to achieve.

Goal:

My goal is for the automation to link all records in one table to the field in other table, as long as they meet the conditions of my automation, regardless of whether or not their primary field value is the same.

Path:

Triggers:
- When an updated cell is detected in Table 1, the following actions occur:

Action 1:
- It creates a new record in Table 2.
- This record contains two fields:
- One for the updated cell's value (placed as the primary field on the left).
- Another field with the record name of the updated cell in Table 1.

Action 2 (Condition 1):
- It finds a record in Table 1 where the name matches the name in the new record in Table 2.
--This is necessary to link a field in Table 1 that will be updated later.--

Action 3 (Condition 2):
- It finds records in Table 2 where the name matches the name in the new record in Table 1.
--This is needed to create a list of record IDs to be linked to the field that will be updated later.--

Action 4:
- It updates the Linked Record Field in Table 1.
- This linked field groups the records in Table 2 that met the conditions of having the same name as Table 1.

Photos have been attached.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Use Repeat to update all Find results.

The record is specified by ID, not by name.

In the example in the image, the previous values are inherited.
If you don't need to inherit the previous values, just use the ID list of "Item".

2023-09-22 082436.png

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Use Repeat to update all Find results.

The record is specified by ID, not by name.

In the example in the image, the previous values are inherited.
If you don't need to inherit the previous values, just use the ID list of "Item".

2023-09-22 082436.png