Help

Re: Microsoft Word Template Integromat (Make)

5391 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trung_Nguyen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am trying to generate an Invoice for line items in Airtable. New Google docs creation automation is very helpful but it lacks basic formatting functions.

So, I use Microsoft Word module in Make but do not know what format I should use in this “Raw values” field. Could anyone please give me an example?

I know this is not really a Airtable question but documentation on this module is quite limited.

My Word templates :
{{invoice_number}}-{{invoice_date}}
{{buyer}}

{{#details}} {{item_code}} {{item_description}} {{unit_price}} {{/details}}

Thanks in advance!

word_template

23 Replies 23

Yeah, Make.com has some of the worst help documentation that I’ve ever seen, and their support is slow.

I don’t know if anybody here will be able to answer your question since I haven’t heard of anybody in these forums using Make with Microsoft Word, so I would recommend opening up a support ticket with Make and reporting back here with whatever they say. That will help future people solve this same problem.

Alternatively:

1. Make.com also works with Google Docs, which might be easier to figure out.
  2. On2Air: Actions works with Google Docs, and has great documentation and support.
  3. If you only need to generate PDF files instead of Word files, you may want to explore DocuMint, which has a fantastic document template builder and also has great documentation and support.

Thank you Scott,

I will submit a support ticket as you suggested. It seems that Microsoft Word is rarely used in the automation workflows

Hi Trung,
I was too looking for more information on the Word module for Make just to see if I can achieve more than today.
When I started in July I found it very undocumented. I managed to find the right information from a Youtube tutorial. It is with Excel not Airtable, but it gives good stuff on the Word module.
I finally added a pdf.co module after the Word module to convert word in PDF.
https://youtu.be/AkV1MDUKrQA

I hope this helps although it’s been some time from your initial question.
Christophe

Thank you, Christophe!

The video is really helpful. I learned something new from it. I managed to solve the problem. It took a senior technician from Make to make it work

Please post a screenshot of how you solved this, so future people can learn how to do this.

This is similar to the example of Make’s documentation:
template_result

My scenario:
my_scenario

Word module setup:
word_template_setup

And this is JSON string:

{
    "values": [{
            "key": "name",
            "value": "Trung Nguyen",
            "valueType": "value"
        },
        {
            "key": "contact",
            "value":[{
	            "entry": [
	            	{
	            		"key": "supplier_name",
	            		"value": "Test",
	            	},
	            	{
	            		"key": "email",
	            		"value": "test@gmail.com",
	        		},
	        		{
	            		"key": "phone",
	            		"value": "0123456789",
	        		}
	            ]},
	            {"entry": [
	            	{
	            		"key": "supplier_name",
	            		"value": "Another Test",
	            	},
	            	{
	            		"key": "email",
	            		"value": "another@gmail.com",
	        		},
	        		{
	            		"key": "phone",
	            		"value": "9876543210",
	        		}
	            ]}
	        ],
            "valueType": "loop-section"        
        }
    ]
}

This is fantastic information, @Trung_Nguyen!! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: :raised_hands:

Thank you so much for posting all of this! This will be invaluable information to help many people in the future!! :blush: :sparkles:

I haven’t yet used the Microsoft Word modules in Make, so this might help me in the future as well! :slightly_smiling_face:

p.s. If anybody signs up for Make & Microsoft Word, please consider clicking on my referral links below to help reward me for my time volunteering in these forums:

Hi Trung,

I am happy to help :blush:

In fact I got into sending a ticket about the Word module some days ago. Indeed the support is quite basic. Well, as I am still in a free plan, I cannot really complain.

Yet, no one explained clearly the functioning (and the UI programming) of the Condition choice.

Anyhow. Keep well.

Christophe

Hello,

I wonder what you give to the “parse json” module as input?

Thanks for your feedback.

P.S.: I try to reproduce the same use case, and I get stuck. My scenario, does not give me a table but as many files as rows…

Hi Patrice,

The input of “Parse JSON” is the “JSON String” in my previous answer. This should be populated using Airtable formula.

Hope it helps!

Hi Trung,
Thanks for your answer, could you show me the airtable formula? Is it a concanetation?

Hi Patrice,

I do not know your exact requirement but the idea is to populate JSON String for each “row” of Word table:

step1

Then, use a Rollup field type in the tables which these rows are linked to:

step2

This value will then be used as the input for Parse JSON module.

Hope this helps!

Patrice_Dornon
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Trung,
how do you create the json fx of the CHI TIET DH table?

Hi Patrice,

Nothing special at all, mostly concatenation. This is mine:

'{"item_code":"'&{Mã hàng}&'","image":"'&{Image URL (first)}&'","description":"'&{Mô tả (from Mã hàng)}&'","size":"'&{Kích thước}&'","quantity-ctn":"'&ROUND({SL (KIỆN)},2)&'","quantity-pcs":"'&{Qty (format)}&'","unit":"'&{Đơn vị}&'","price":"'&{Đơn giá (format)}&'","total":"'&{Total (format)}&'","remaining-pcs":"'&{Remaining qty (format)}&'","remaining-ctn":"'&ROUND({SL TỒN GIAO (KIỆN)},2)&'","deadline":"'&{NGÀY CẦN GIAO}&'","note":"'&{GHI CHÚ}&'"}'

For further and specific functions, you should open a new thread. Airtable documentation is quite great,too!

Regards,

Thanks for the detailed information @Trung_Nguyen 🙏
Can you share how did you generate the json from the data in airtable? Is it hard-coded key names, or is it dynamic?
I ideally want to get the key name from the column name of airtable but I can't find how.

This is great information @Trung_Nguyen .  I am about to put my head through the wall on the Word Template module.  Have you figured out how to get the formatted document into an attachment field in Airtable when you are done?

You can use "Airtable - Update a record" to update the attachment field with the source file from "Onedrive - Download a file"

@Trung_Nguyen I am still running into a challenge.  I did what you suggested.  1) Connected to Airtable to get the date.  2) Downloaded the file from OneDrive.  3) Ran the file through the Word Template module and now I am trying to get the file into Airtable and I just feel like I am missing something.  I put in the FileName and it doesn't make it.  I tried WebUrl from OneDrive.  Any ideas?

Mark_Poulton_0-1684811023570.png

Sorry, my previous reply was wrong. You have to use "Onedrive - get a sharable link" then use it as the file URL. Hope it helps!