cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaylorHaun
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey Y'all!

I'm struggling to figure out how to do the following and would love some help!

I've built a base that tracks registered and onboarded people in a "People" table. "Registered" and "Onboarded" are options in a single select field. The end result of what I'm trying to build is a simple graph that has day on the X axis and a record count on the Y axis. I want to have daily snapshots of total number of registered and onboarded people as my Y Axis. I want to automate this somehow. 

I think I should make a new table with dates as the primary field and then one field that is the total registered people for the day and another field that is total onboarded people for the day.

But how can I automate this so I don't have to check and update daily?

I figured automation would work, but the options are so limited with a time as a trigger.

I'm thinking I might need a script that runs daily?

Can someone help me out here?

Thank you!

-Taylor

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey @TaylorHaun

Above the update action add the Find action to find all records for the which you want to perform the update. 

Then add a repeating group and use as a list the list of records from the find action. 

Please let us know if that worked. 

Yours sincerely, 
Dimitris Goudis 

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Hey @TaylorHaun

You have many options to do that:

1. Use interfaces to create graph. The graph will show both subsets per day and you can filter it to exclude some dates and make comparisons also

2. Use Airtable extension that works in a quite similar way in the same table 

3. Add an automation to trigger every day that will send you an email with the total numbers. To do this add a trigger as a scheduled time, two find actions to find both subsets and then on email text add the length of those findings 

Would any of those work for you? 

Thanks 

Yours sincerely, 
Dimitris Goudis 

Hi Dmitris,

Thanks for your reply. I understand how to make the graphs either in an interface or table/extension. Also, I don't want to get an email, I want it to write the days values to a field so I can build a chart based on those values.

The main issue is the automation. I tried having an automation with a time-based trigger, but I ran into the issue that it seems time based triggers don't let you use data besides trigger time. I would think the automation would look like: 

Trigger = at a time
Action = Update a record - (some way of seeing record count and updating the value in a number field)

but when trying to build that I got stuck at the Action. (See screenshot)

What am I missing? is there another way to accomplish this?

thanks!

Hey @TaylorHaun

Above the update action add the Find action to find all records for the which you want to perform the update. 

Then add a repeating group and use as a list the list of records from the find action. 

Please let us know if that worked. 

Yours sincerely, 
Dimitris Goudis 

Hi Dmitris,

Thank you for your help. The Find Action was the main thing I was missing. 

I may have done it slightly differently than you were describing, but it works for what I need. (See screenshot).

thanks!

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 9.42.27 AM.png

Perfect I am happy helping you !