Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

"Send email at 8:30 AM daily only if there are items in view" automation creation

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
476 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bredah
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone! I'm struggling to create an automation. We have a list of customer-support interactions that are either marked as Open, In Progress, or Resolved. For the most part, interactions are resolved same-day, but occasionally, some will need to be left as Open or In Progress, creating the need for a daily email summary that lists those unresolved interactions (if there are any). 

With that, I've been trying to create a scheduled automation that runs at 8:30 AM every day based on a view (that is set to only show unresolved interactions), and I'd like the automation to only send the email if there are items within that view

I've been trying to configure this, but with no luck. I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly (maybe it's my "Find records" step?) There's currently 1 record within that view, but when I test the automation in it's current state (attached) it's not meeting the conditions. Any ideas? Thank you in advance! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nyaruko
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi bredah,

I ran into a similar issue when trying to set up this automation. Instead of 0 records, it was pulling one too many records.

By changing the Find Records step to filter based on conditions instead of view, I was able to get it working.

Find Records --> Customer-Support Interactions --> Filter based on Conditions

Where [Status] [is not] [Resolved]

Nyaruko_0-1715871198611.png

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Nyaruko

Hi bredah,

I ran into a similar issue when trying to set up this automation. Instead of 0 records, it was pulling one too many records.

By changing the Find Records step to filter based on conditions instead of view, I was able to get it working.

Find Records --> Customer-Support Interactions --> Filter based on Conditions

Where [Status] [is not] [Resolved]

Nyaruko_0-1715871198611.png