153 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Limi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have an automation that once a checkbox is checked, it creates a new record in a different table. It worked quite well and today it failed repeatedly saying "Creating the record failed due to insufficient permissions."

I'm the owner of the account so i assume it does not mean my own insufficient permissions.... can someone explain this message and help resolve it?

3 Replies 3
Nyaruko
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Limi,

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the automation and/or elaborating on what steps it is taking?

Yeah the screenshots would be super helpful

Are there any table or field specific permissions set in the table you're trying to create stuff in?  Did you make any schema changes in that table recently? 

Limi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I ended up finding what the issue was but i would love your thoughts on how to solve it or have a workaround. Basically:

1) The insufficient permissions came from a linked record field- the table i was using (Table 1) is pulling linked records from a table (table 3) at a different base.

screenshot A.png

 2) when i check a box on that table (table 1), it is supposed to create a record in a different table (table 2) in the same base as table 1. The problem is, that the table (table 2) that i am creating this record in and matching the fields also uses a linked record fields from the the table in the other base (table 3).

screenshot B.png

I thought that since it's the same table we're linking from, then it would be fine because the records will be the same, but this seems to be causing the insufficient permissions issue. I still need the data from table 1 to show in table 2 and i really wanted the linked records from table 3 (so if that data changes it syncs). Any ideas of how to solve this?

Hope this was clear? 🙄

@Nyaruko @TheTimeSavingCo