415 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivjdpa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to implement a notification to go out to my team via Slack whenever a particular sentence text (named "Changes") is updated via Airtable. This is how I have it set up:

1. Trigger Type: When record updated

2. Table: Log-in

3. View: (none selected, watching all views)

4. Fields: Changes

So the automation is watching only the Changes field.  Now, whenever an update is made, the automation is sending a notification several times, once for every few letters typed. I want it to send only when the team member typing leaves the field after making a change. Is this possible. 

2 Replies 2

You could set up a "Last modified time" field that looks only at the field "Changes", and create a formula field that checks whether the current time is at least 1 minute after the time in that "Last modified time" field using the `NOW()` function, and you'd get the automation to trigger off this formula field instead.  This would not be accurate though, and you're looking at anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple of hours before the automation triggers

A workaround that involves manual effort would be to set up a checkbox field or something that triggers the automation, and the automation would send the message and then clear the checkbox field.  So the workflow would be:
1. Team member finishes typing
2. Team member marks checkbox
3. Automation fires, sends Slack message, clears checkbox

Hopefully someone else has a better idea that's automated and accurate!

anncrutt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This seems like a bug with the Airtable automation. I was trying to set-up an automation that would send an email notification if the long text field was updated. I want one email notification to be sent upon the updated recording being saved. Instead I get 3 email notifications with the partial updates in progress.