Help

Re: redundant first record - when a form is submitted / for each multi-select create record (same ta

Solved
Jump to Solution
402 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaomeile
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm getting a redundant record when using the For Each [multi-select] create record on a Form is created trigger. Simply delete or is there a better way?

Fee Table, 'Add Fee' Form has a multi-select 'Fee Type' field (advance on signature, advance on delivery, advance on publication, royalty)

Automation trigger 'When a form is created', with a  For Each [Fee Type] create record. Works beautifully apart from the initial record which has all of the multi-select options. I used Kuovonne's delete record script to delete this redundant record which is clean and fast.

But feels like a workaround - like I missed a lesson at school. Any pointers?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, so you're saying:
1. User submits a form with two options selected, Record 1 created
2. Automation runs, creates two new records, Record 2 and 3 created
3. You now have 3 records, and Record 1 is redundant, you're using Kuovonne's delete record script to handle it, and you want to know if there's a way to set up your workflow without Record 1 being created

If so, I don't think so I'm afraid

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

This does seem odd. Could you send screenshots of each step being tested? I'm not sure if it's intended functionality or a bug.

Justin Ng
Programme Coordinator at Sistema Aotearoa
https://www.sistemaaotearoa.org.nz/
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, so you're saying:
1. User submits a form with two options selected, Record 1 created
2. Automation runs, creates two new records, Record 2 and 3 created
3. You now have 3 records, and Record 1 is redundant, you're using Kuovonne's delete record script to handle it, and you want to know if there's a way to set up your workflow without Record 1 being created

If so, I don't think so I'm afraid

Hi Adam,

I think you are right - doesn't feel like a bug - just feels like applying the Repeat For Each automation might not suit a the trigger form submission in the way I've set it up.

Might try putting Record 1 in a holding table to avoid the UX of seeing a record appear/disappear.