Help

[Resolved] Automation Script Output is not usable in downstream automation steps

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
1098 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travis_Corrigan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey everyone,

Hoping that this is a simple fix, but can’t find any documentation on this problem so far.

Problem: The output of a script is not being accepted as inputs to downstream steps in an automation I am trying to create.

Use Case: I am trying to create an automation that does the following:
//trigger
There’s an update to a Google Calendar Event
//actions
Look up corresponding Airtable Record
//run script
Compare the Start/End Times between the Airtable record and the updated Google Event, output whether the times match or not.
//Conditional Actions

• IF: Start/End Times DO match → Do Nothing, end the automtation
  • IF: Start Times DO NOT match → Update Airtable record with new Start Time value from Google Calendar
  • IF: End Times DO NOT match → Update Airtable record with new End Time value from Google Calendar

Below are some screenshots of the automation, the script code that I’ve written, and the “error” I am getting when I try to use the Script Outputs in downstream conditional actions - which happens regardless of whether I try the ‘Dynamic’ or ‘Static’ approach.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 11.38.41 AM
Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 11.38.55 AM
Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 11.39.17 AM
Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 11.56.27 AM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Try setting the script output to a text string or a number instead of a boolean.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Try setting the script output to a text string or a number instead of a boolean.

Travis_Corrigan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@kuovonne - that did the trick! :grinning: :pray: changed from boolean to number. sort of weird that Airtable doesn’t make this clear in their Output documentation but hopefully they’ll make that more clear in the future.

Sort of weird that Airtable doesn’t recognize this as a bug. :winking_face:

The entire basis for return values in software languages since the dawn of time (01-01-1970) is the boolean. And you can’t pass that as an output?