cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dreuna_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I'm new here and I need help. Firstly, English is my second language, sorry for the grammatical mistakes.
I want to set an automatization when someone submittest a form to Table "Dary" (donations), I want it to search two other tables "Kontakty" (Contacts of individuals) a "Firmy" (Contacts of companies) if there is a record of the donator. If yes add the donation to the donator's record. If not create a new record in its respective Table.

Is it even possible?

Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Dreuna, I think that should be possible, yeah. 

I assume that the form only has one field for "Contact" information, and that data from that field needs to be checked in those two other tables? 

I also assume that you have link fields between "Dary" and "Kontakty", as well as "Dary" and "Firmy"?

If so, you could try creating an automation that triggers when the form is submitted that does the following:

1. Find Record actions
  - Looks through the records in "Kontakty" for a record with the same contact information
  - Looks through the records in "Firmy" for a record with the same contact information
2. Conditional logic based on the results of the Find Record actions
  - If a record was found in "Kontakty", link it to the record in "Dary", and if a record was found in "Firmy", link that one instead

Screen Recording 2022-12-30 at 4.16.55 PM.gif

Here's a link to the base with the automation

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@Dreuna_ Unfortunately, the Airtable form has limited functionality and cannot conditionally pull the data from the table. The record is created only when you apply the filled form. To achieve the required functioning you might use additionally some automation tools like Make(Integromat) and/or more advanced form builder like Jotform, etc.

TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Dreuna, I think that should be possible, yeah. 

I assume that the form only has one field for "Contact" information, and that data from that field needs to be checked in those two other tables? 

I also assume that you have link fields between "Dary" and "Kontakty", as well as "Dary" and "Firmy"?

If so, you could try creating an automation that triggers when the form is submitted that does the following:

1. Find Record actions
  - Looks through the records in "Kontakty" for a record with the same contact information
  - Looks through the records in "Firmy" for a record with the same contact information
2. Conditional logic based on the results of the Find Record actions
  - If a record was found in "Kontakty", link it to the record in "Dary", and if a record was found in "Firmy", link that one instead

Screen Recording 2022-12-30 at 4.16.55 PM.gif

Here's a link to the base with the automation

Oh, sorry, I understood your request in the wrong way. Definitely, @TheTimeSavingCo's solution might be the one you are searching for.

Thank you so much. Yes I have it linked. 

Thanks for your time trying solve my problem 🙂