490 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_W1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

With Airtable automations I see them in the test output results, but I’m not able to select them as variables to auto fill a field.
I know 3th party tools like make/zapier/miniextension are able to do this for me, but I don’t like to use them as it adds complexity to the setup.

Thoughts / (native) solutions anyone?

1 Reply 1

If you want to do it natively in Airtable, you would either need to write your own custom JavaScript to access Airtable’s REST API, or you could probably use the DataFetcher app to access this information as well (although I haven’t personally tested this with DataFetcher).

However, using an external tool like Make.com is my favorite, because it’s essentially “no code”, and it’s free for up to 1,000 operations per month.

Below is a screenshot of all the information you can grab from an attachment field with Make — which is all the same information that the REST API returns.

You may want to also send an email to Airtable technical support at support@airtable.com to request that they natively support this feature in the future.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 9.14.06 AM