cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emilie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I want to send a slack message each time "Tag 1" is updated. But if 5 rows are updated, it will send me 5 times the same message. How can I solve it? 

Emilie_0-1697719492503.png

Thank you,

Emilie 🙂 

6 Replies 6
Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Emilie ,

Not sure what your slack message configuration looks like but can you try sending the found records as a grid token in the slack message? This is what works for me when sending an email (hopefully slack is no different). Could you post a screenshot of how the slack message is configured to send?

Otherwise you might need to change the trigger to something that does not send immediately when Tag 1 is updated.

Emilie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Ella, I have tried everything in the configuration and either I get 1 message separately per Data which correspond to my Tag 1 < 0 which is sometimes up to 10 messages or I get all the number in one message but I get the same message 5 times. I also tried with emails and it is the same thing. Here is the screenshot of my current configuration but as I said I tried everything from all possible options. 

Emilie_0-1697786554777.png

What is the configuration for the trigger?

Emilie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Ella, here is the configuration of the trigger 

Emilie_0-1698046496202.png

Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Since your trigger fires every time that the record is updated you will get a notification for each record that is updated.

If you want a notification for a group of updated records instead of one notification for each updated record, I would suggest having the trigger fire at a specified time (at the interval over which you need notifications) or when a button is clicked (if you don't mind manual input to generate notifications). Without changing the current trigger, I would not know how to solve your original issue.

thank you 🙂