Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Single/Multi Select into String

Topic Labels: Automations
177 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFTS-STEVE
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi guys,

I currently need a way to convert a single/multiselect into a string that I can push through Make into a dynamic template on Sendgrid.

I am bodging it with a SWITCH formula

"SWITCH({brand}, "Brand1", "Brand1, etc,etc

First it feels messy and I bet there is a easier way, and it falls flat when you turn on the option for a user in an interface to add their own input.

I would rather keep it in Airtable, so someone in an interface could select a single select option and then edit the output if desired.

Make.com
I have tried to do this through Make, but I am getting some strange results with it picking it up the single select, able to convert it to a string and even output it on an email, but this only works for the value that was selected during the construction of the make. As soon as it in changed it doesn't work (no errors, just doesn't show up in the dynamic field).

This has stumped me! Any advice would be great

AFTSSTEVE_0-1726773737521.png

3 Replies 3

May I know what issues you faced with creating a formula field with the field name and then using that formula field's output in Make?
Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 10.40.14 AM.png

Seems I was completely over complicating my side of things, that works great, so thank you for that! Is there anyway to keep it keep it in Airtable, so if someone in an interface chose a single select they would see it appear in an editable text box,
1. Choose "This will cost X"
2. Edit to say "This will cost $5"

Thank you for all your help!

Hmm, I'd have a formula field set to display the text I want and a single line text field for the user to edit.  I'd then have an automation trigger when the select field is updated and its action would be to paste the text from the formula field into the text field?