451 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Hess
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm having a hard time figuring this one out....

I've created a dashboard interface for my engineers.  They're required to submit a daily time card that shows which jobs they worked on and for how many hours.  I've created a lovely list element in their interface for that. see below:

Aaron_Hess_0-1681830276549.png

I've got a button up there I want them to click at the end of the day to email that timecard to our bookkeeper.  And for the life of me I can't figure out how to make that happen.  Everything in the dashboard is filtered by current viewer.  So Matt's time card is filtered by a "Created By=current viewer" and "Created On=today" field.

I think my button needs to take Matt to a form where he selects his name from a single select field and the date he's submitting his time card.  I want that form submission to trigger an automation that:

1. finds all the records in my "time card entries" table that match the form info (Created by Matt, and the specified date)

2. sends an email 'digest' of those records to my bookkeeper.

But it seems like automations can't pull data from the triggering event.  So how do I make this happen?

1 Reply 1

Hmm, what if you:
1. Had a table with a "Collaborator" field, where each record represented a single user called "People" or something
2. Created a 'Record Picker' element in the interface, pointed it at that table and made it only show the viewer's records:

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 12.02.55 PM.png

3. This would cause the record picker to populate automatically with the viewer's one record, and you can link your button to that record picker as a source

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 12.01.59 PM.png

That way the button could then trigger on the record from the "People" table, and you could then do a "Find Record" action based on the Collaborator field to look for all the time card entry records that were created by that person