cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ash_Hallett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I’m new to Airtable, so it’s likely I’m being an idiot over here.

I recently connected the Fintable Extension to integrate banking data; Account Balances and Transactions to a Fintable Base.

I have then synced that Base in to Tables in to my Main Base to use. I have a Table where I have used a Gallery View to host card details and if it’s active, expired, type of account etc, see example…

Capture

Now, what I am trying to do, is create an automation that automatically updates the Current Balance Field as soon as that field is updated (based on the Fintable Base Sync).

When creating this Automation, here is what I tried setting up -

Capture2
Capture3

However, time and time again I get this error, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why?

Capture4

22 Replies 22

You are mentioning Fields, the problem is not the fields, its the Record. You have X number of records (rows) in FinTable Acct. Sync. and you have X number of records in Finance table.

To make this easier, you are updating row (record) number 1 in Fintable, which row (record) in Finance table should be updated? All of them?

Ash_Hallett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Apologies for the incorrect language, that must cause confusion, sorry.

Here’s the two screenshots, so I want to grab the highlighted data from here…

FintableSync

And put it in the highlighted area here…

FinanceUpdate

No worries.

Ok, so what is the relation between those 2 rows? Do they both have the same value in the primary field “Name” for example?

Correct, they’re both exactly the same Name

Ok great. Then you need to add that in the Find Records action. Are you able to find the correct record using this action?

Ash_Hallett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So I’m telling it to Find the Name?

Yes, because this is the record you need to update. In order to be able to do that, you need to Find the record ID, which will be one of the results of the Find step.

Ash_Hallett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Here’s what I’ve got so far…
NewAutomation

You should change the “Find records based on” to “Condition” instead of “View”

The Condition will be Name is, then choose Dynamic value from the gear icon, and choose the field Name from the trigger step

Ash_Hallett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It won’t let me… Current Balance is greyed out

Capture12