1180 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lia_Marley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

(Thank you in advance! I swear I've tried everything I could find here and no luck)

I'm running a (successful) Create New Record automation from a Synced table, so my teammates can use the source data to develop their own additional work (but not adjust the source data itself). Yes, it duplicates a record -- but it's the only way I can deliver the starter content and let them build on.

Next step is to run an Update Record automation, so when:

1. Source data record is updated, then
  2. Matching created record is also updated

Trigger (successfully finding the updated records in Source data) & Actions ("received invalid inputs") screenshots attached.

Trigger - working great!Trigger - working great!Action - not so much...Action - not so much...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

It looks like you’re missing the Find Record step.

When a record is updated in the Database (auto-updates!), you need to first find the record in the YOUR Do Less Database that has the same song name as the update record. Then you use the RecordID of the found record in the YOUR Do Less Database as the RecordID that gets updated.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

It looks like you’re missing the Find Record step.

When a record is updated in the Database (auto-updates!), you need to first find the record in the YOUR Do Less Database that has the same song name as the update record. Then you use the RecordID of the found record in the YOUR Do Less Database as the RecordID that gets updated.

I don't know what magic you possess, my friend, but the way you worded this WORKED for me. I'd been so close (yet so far). Thank you!

Happy to help. Sometimes we all get lost in the automations. 🤣🤣🤣