Help

Re: Want to create a list of new records on one table, triggered and informed by 2 existing tables

Solved
Jump to Solution
324 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Table 1: Companies (a list of every company that we do work for. For this example, say we have 10)

Table 2: Products (a list of every product we offer. For this example, say we have 12)

Table 3: Price list (a list of the price of each product for each company. If there are 10 companies, and 12 products we offer, this list will have 120 items). Each record in this list has a Company column and a Products column that links to a single record in Table 1 and Table 2.

Goal: create automation that will automatically create price list records when a new company or new product is added.

If a new company is added, I want the automation to automatically create 12 new records on Price List table, automatically linked to the new company and automatically linked to each product listed on the product table.

If a new product is added, I want the automation to automatically create 10 new records on Price List table, all automatically linked to the new product, and also linked to every company on the Company table.

I need the automation to adapt when new products on the Product table are added and new Companies are added so that the automation will run correctly and create a new record linked to every single record on the existing tables, as those tables expand and grow.

Thanks for your help!!! I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this one out

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Nevermind! I finally figured it out. 
Trigger: When record enters view
Actions:
Find records (everything in the same view)
Repeat for each in (List of records from "Find Records")
Create record in (Price List table)

I created two automations like this, one for new company and one for new product

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Nevermind! I finally figured it out. 
Trigger: When record enters view
Actions:
Find records (everything in the same view)
Repeat for each in (List of records from "Find Records")
Create record in (Price List table)

I created two automations like this, one for new company and one for new product