Help

Re: What happens when you run out of Automations?

2078 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RnJ
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Because you can’t purchase more Automations on the Pro Plan in the event you run out (like integromat/zapier), what happens to your workflow? Is everything halted?
Upgrading to enterprise would not be an option due to extreme price difference.

For example - Say I have my automations set for my entire workflow working great, but I accidentally trigger an automation that uses a ton of unnecessary automations… oops… my fault and understand and wish I can buy more to pay for that mistake, but I can’t.
Now I am out of automations and almost have an entire month left with zero automations :frowning: and all my workflows are stopped.

I just want to find out the “what if” and hope never end up in that situation :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks.

15 Replies 15

I don’t think the stoppage will be resolved quickly, so I recommend you find an alternate way for your automation to execute.

On the Google side, they at least make it possible to run scripts manually when quota has been reached.

It’s absolutely insane & completely shortsighted that the people at Airtable thought that this was a good idea. The Airtable Team doesn’t give any way for users to purchase more automations in their current monthly cycle… but FORCES PEOPLE TO WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT MONTH FOR IT TO RESET?

Yeah, no thanks, Airtable… my clients will be sticking with Integromat because they can’t put their entire businesses on hold for a month, and Integromat knows how to treat their customers properly. If they run out of automations, Integromat lets them purchase more automations without shutting down operations for the remainder of the month.

And no, we’re not going to spend $3,000 to upgrade to enterprise to get a few extra automations for a few weeks.

None of this should surprise me. Airtable is the “half-baked platform of limitations”.

@Eriks_Reks1 If you need help migrating all of your automations over to Integromat — the superior automation platform with no limitations & an extremely low monthly cost — please feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com. I am both an expert Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner.

(Note that all of my Integromat links contain my personal referral code.)

I agree that the pricing model for automations (especially the inability to purchase a few more runs in a month) has problems. I also agree that developers need to be aware of these limitations when designing solutions that use Airtable automations. Whenever one of my clients is trying to decide between running a script automatically versus from a button, I always bring up this issue.

Integromat has been in business for longer than Airtable, and Airtable only started offering automations half a year ago. By all means, use Integromat now if you have business critical needs. But Airtable is working hard to build out its service, as evidenced by the new alpha features for running an automation on a schedule and having a find records action.

It does seem like Airtable is evolving quickly on this new feature. If they can resolve their pricing problems, they could take back a big chunk of business from Integromat — particularly for automations that people created that only dealt with Airtable itself (i.e. no integrations with external apps).

Eriks_Reks1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks @ScottWorld and @kuovonne for the additional thoughts and color! I’m all sorted :slightly_smiling_face: