1687 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

My daily use of my base involves a lot of calculations. Lately, AT is slow to the point of being unusable while doing these calculations. The base just hangs at "saving" until I manually refresh. I've split the base into four so that the base I'm now working in has a quarter of the records I used to work with, but this has not improved performance. Is there anything else I can try?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Airtable is optimized for Chromium-based browsers, so if you are using anything else, you may want to try changing browsers(Chorme, Edge).
Unfortunately, Firefox is slow.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

This article may give you an insight.
Troubleshooting Airtable performance

Since Airtable is a modern UI, the CPU and memory performance of the computer may be insufficient.

Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you. I read that link before posting here, but it is way too generic. I know the problem is not my computer.

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Airtable is optimized for Chromium-based browsers, so if you are using anything else, you may want to try changing browsers(Chorme, Edge).
Unfortunately, Firefox is slow.

Rae_Crothers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Now that is useful information. I do not use Google products and I am on Safari browser. So if Airtable is no longer compatible with Safari, then my time with Airtable has come to an end. It’s been a good run and I am really sad because I put a lot into my base and I’m going to have to redo all my systems for how I run my business, but they have completely abandoned their pioneer users so there is no hope of things getting better. Thanks!