1075 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_David
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Original base primary field was not useful [Newbie design]. It is 312 records. The data will not change and no records will be added or deleted.

I copied data from another field (same field type - single line text) which will also not be changed. I did a copy & paste from the second field to the primary field. The data copied from the second field has dependencies.

Question: Can I change the dependencies from the second field to the primary field or should I just 'Hide" the second field?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @Tom_David,

What type of dependencies are you referring to? Dependent linked records or field dependencies that Airtable sometimes warns you about when making field configuration changes?

If the latter, it's safe to ignore these most of the time in my experience. You can always take a snapshot of your base and return it to a previous state or duplicate it and test it out in a temporary copy if you're unsure what an action might cause. I do this all the time 🙂

Hope that helps!
-Stephen

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @Tom_David,

What type of dependencies are you referring to? Dependent linked records or field dependencies that Airtable sometimes warns you about when making field configuration changes?

If the latter, it's safe to ignore these most of the time in my experience. You can always take a snapshot of your base and return it to a previous state or duplicate it and test it out in a temporary copy if you're unsure what an action might cause. I do this all the time 🙂

Hope that helps!
-Stephen