Help

Need to create directory of families including individuals, contact info, birthdays, anniversaries

Topic Labels: Base design Data
493 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwcphoto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I'm brand new here. Air Table was suggested as a good option for what I need to do, but I need some guidance. (I can do basic things on google sheets or excel.)

We're creating a church directory. We've gathered info from families, and someone typed them up in a doc... (Kicking myself for not having made a digital form to begin with!)

What I will need to end up with is a database of families with adults and children, mailing address, phone and email (sometimes both for 2 adults), and birthdays and anniversaries. Also, a place to check if they will have a photo in the book, and a place to check that we've verified their info to be correct before including it in the directory. 

I will need to output 3 different things:

1. The names of the family members to go under their photo. (Family name and individuals with adults named first)
  2. The directory contact info listing (Family Name, individuals, contact info)
  3. A calendar list of birthdays and anniversaries by month

Side note: We do have some different families with the same last name.

Thank you for any advice or guidance you can share!

Attaching just my quick note of the 3 outputs I would need for the family info.

20240212_164425.jpg20240212_164525.jpg

2 Replies 2

Hi!  I think I would try to tackle it like this

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.09.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.09.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.09.09 PM.png

For the display of the photo with the names, if you're printing that you could use the Page Designer extension.  If you're just using that internally, you could just make that an Interface perhaps?

The key workflow issue would be handling the duplicate last names, and there's really nothing much we can do about that except have good data hygiene I think

cwcphoto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wow, thank you so much! I so appreciate you getting me started like that. I will play with this 😀