cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marek_Wysinski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

Is there a chance reading & creating comments would be added to the API? Would be really useful in the integration I’m working on.

26 Replies 26
Martin_Noah
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1

really need this ability

Heya @Jordan_Scott1 - would be great to hear on API improvements from the Airtable development team. There are many requests in these API threads that could absolutely use some love… many waiting for years now.

Jeff_Haskin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Almost every client I have asks if I can use API to create new comments so that certain chat platforms can integrate with airtable.

+1,000,000. Please make API access to making and reading comments to records.

Peter_Sekula
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bumping this one too. We definitely need this.

Daniel_Levine
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi all! Chiming in here from the Airtable team – we should have something to share with you very soon regarding Comments access via API. We’ll return here when we have more to share next month.

Best,
Daniel

Just_Another_Gu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Watching as well! This is a deal breaker for us paying for AirTable

Daniel_Levine
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi all,

Sharing that the Comments API is now LIVE in addition to many other API improvements. Check out the Comments API docs, as well as a broader overview of new API features for authentication, new endpoints, and enterprise controls here: New Beta: New API authentication methods, endpoints, and public API docs

Note that you must use the new personal access tokens authentication to access the Comments API and the other new endpoints. Please share any feedback and excited for you all to try the Comments API!

Daniel

Product Manager on behalf of the API team