Help

Re: Error message updating a record (Multi Select option field) via Make.com using Personal Access T

Solved
Jump to Solution
517 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have an automation in Make.com that adds a record to a table in Airtable. The connection uses an Airtable Personal Access Token. I have given the token all available permissions in Airtable, but am still receiving the below error message in Make.com:

[422] Insufficient permissions to create new select option ""Microsoft PowerApps""

I suspect it is because I am trying to add an option to a Multi Select field that doesn't already have this option specified in Airtable. 

Would appreciate any feedback on where I'm going wrong on the permissioning / access approach - it seems like this MUST be possible.

I should add that I am currently on the Free plan; not sure if that has an impact.

Many thanks
Brett

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You need to turn on Make’s “Smart Links” option at the bottom of the module, which is Make’s terminology for Airtable’s “typecast” function in their API.

Airtable’s typecast function allows you to add new values to a multi-select field, a single-select field, or a linked record field.

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable & Make consultant in to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You need to turn on Make’s “Smart Links” option at the bottom of the module, which is Make’s terminology for Airtable’s “typecast” function in their API.

Airtable’s typecast function allows you to add new values to a multi-select field, a single-select field, or a linked record field.

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable & Make consultant in to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Brett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you Scott - I really appreciate that; worked perfectly! Thanks for your deets - I may take you up on that yet...

Kind regards
Brett