5594 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Eovino
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Is there a way to use the filterByFormula URL parameter to retrieve rows based on the value of a link column? I can look up text and numeric values, but it looks like link columns are an array. I’ve tried:

AND(Column_Name=[recordID])
AND(Column_Name="[recordID]")
AND(Column_Name=’[recordID]’)

and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3
Danny_Alvarez
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Oh - what’s the syntax for grabbing multiple text values? I also have a column with linked records but I’m wondering if I can just flatten that table to get around this.

Danny_Alvarez

I figured out a way to do both multiple text values (my previous question) AND also grab linked records.

Multiple text values:

• Just use a comma separated list of strings (i.e. “apples,bananas”). I was able to use this to filter records by multiple values

Linked Records (assuming string values in linked table)

• I don’t know what the recommended method is, but I found by combining a couple of functions I was able to achieve the result I wanted. Use the FIND method for strings, first parameter is the string you’re looking for, second param is the column of linked records, then check that the result of that FIND is greater than 0.

filterByFormula: ‘(FIND(“apples”,fruit))> 0’

I couldn’t get multiple strings to work in there, so I combined multiple FINDs into one AND but that doesn’t seem to scale nicely:

filterByFormula: ‘AND((FIND(“apples”,fruit))> 0,(FIND(“bananas”,fruit))> 0)’

Charles_Haughey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Danny_Alvarez,
In the filterByFormula

filterByFormula: ‘(FIND(“apples”,fruit))> 0’

What actually is fruit, is it a field name, a word in a record, or what exactly does it not need to be within quotation marks as Docs describe
FIND(stringToFind, whereToSearch[startFromPosition])

Finds an occurrence of stringToFind in whereToSearch string starting from an optional startFromPosition.
FIND(“fox”, “quick brown fox”)

=> 13

Thank you.
Charsles