Help

Parse Multiple Google Sheets using Airtable Script (1 row per Sheet)

850 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a table called contracts and I have 200 google sheet spreadsheets representing each contract.  

I can import/sync to Airtable from a Google sheet but I only want 1 row per contract (200 rows total), and I want the fields to map to specific spreadsheet values.  I also need this to work for future contracts where I can insert a URL of the latest signed contract into a new row and Airtable will automatically extract the data from the spreadsheet for me.

I was thinking the best way to do this was probably with an automation + script, but I'm struggling to even read data using Google's rest api using Airtable's script language (these contracts aren't shared publicly so I need to handle authentication which is proving tricky in Airtable's scripting language)

Has anyone done something similar themselves?  Or perhaps someone has a better method to achieve the same result?

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Google’s API is hard, and learning how to write JavaScript is even harder.

Ideally, learning how to write API calls and learning how to write JavaScript are both powerful tools to have in your pocket that will benefit you for your entire life. But you don’t need to learn how to write JavaScript nor do you need to learn how to craft custom API calls, because it has almost entirely been taken care of for you already.

The easiest, quickest, low-code/no-code way of doing this is to use Make. There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses. There are also many Make experts hanging out there who can answer other Make questions. 

Also, if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld