Mar 31, 2021 03:19 AM
remoteFetchAsync with my own server API the
response.json() has clear character encoding issues:
PromociÃ³n desde solo 29â¬/dÃa.
Calling the API in browser or Postman returns as expected.
I spent some time checking Headers in the request, the server response encoding etc… But when I used the normal
fetch routing the API through the https://cors-anywhere.herokuapp.com website it worked and returned the correct characters!
Is the server used in
remoteFetchAsync not encoding correctly the response?
Apr 05, 2021 04:33 PM
I have same problem. Wait for a solution …
Apr 08, 2021 12:50 PM
I have just landed on this function today it worked for me! are we allowed to share codes here, if so share yours we can see what’s the issue is!
Apr 15, 2021 10:11 AM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I think I have enough details to work on a fix, but if any of you have a sample remoteFetchAsync call for reproducing the issue that would be much appreciated
Apr 16, 2021 11:43 AM
[ETA: I used remoteFetchAsync both in my code and edited the sample code as well. I also confirmed that the characters look fine if I just do my call in the browser…]
I seem to be having the same issue BUT I also tried this shared code example and it works successfully e.g. pulling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Åland_Islands:
The (non-public) API I am working with has the exact same code but the accented characters are not coming through properly (“name: “Ã land Islands””)
I am trying to follow up and see if there is something different I need to account for in how the API I am using delivers content…
May 03, 2021 02:42 PM
Update: so the only work-around I have found is to move the script to an Automation where I can use fetch instead of remoteFetchAsync
Cannot figure out why didn’t doesn’t work for my API but does work for e.g. Wikipedia.
Please update if this is fixed as I would much prefer to have this as a Scripting App than a Automation. Thanks!
Jun 07, 2021 06:14 PM