remoteFetchAsync with my own server API the
response.json() has clear character encoding issues:
PromociÃ³n desde solo 29â¬/dÃa.
Calling the API in browser or Postman returns as expected.
I spent some time checking Headers in the request, the server response encoding etc… But when I used the normal
fetch routing the API through the https://cors-anywhere.herokuapp.com website it worked and returned the correct characters!
Is the server used in
remoteFetchAsync not encoding correctly the response?
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I think I have enough details to work on a fix, but if any of you have a sample remoteFetchAsync call for reproducing the issue that would be much appreciated
[ETA: I used remoteFetchAsync both in my code and edited the sample code as well. I also confirmed that the characters look fine if I just do my call in the browser…]
I seem to be having the same issue BUT I also tried this shared code example and it works successfully e.g. pulling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Åland_Islands:
The (non-public) API I am working with has the exact same code but the accented characters are not coming through properly (“name: “Ã land Islands””)
I am trying to follow up and see if there is something different I need to account for in how the API I am using delivers content…
Update: so the only work-around I have found is to move the script to an Automation where I can use fetch instead of remoteFetchAsync
Cannot figure out why didn’t doesn’t work for my API but does work for e.g. Wikipedia.
Please update if this is fixed as I would much prefer to have this as a Scripting App than a Automation. Thanks!