1418 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smyth_County
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is is possible to have a button perform a script to input values into other cells all in the same table?. For example, if a field is set to button and you click the button, then do the following: In the Columns “Sales” and “Orders” place data from Column “Estimates”

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Smyth_County! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Yes, a script can do all of that, and a ton more. Scripts have fewer restrictions that formulas. Are you looking for help developing a script, or do you want to learn how to do it yourself?

Thanks Justin. I would like some help on doing it myself. I have some coding experience but have never worked with JavaScript. I am new to Airtable as well, but I have gotten quite familiar with it over the past few weeks. I’m using integromat to automate some functions and this script will help with that.

A great place to start with Airtable’s scripting setup is its own docs, which you can find at the bottom of the Scripting app window, or here:

The app has several example scripts that are fairly well documented, and which you can insert into the app quickly for interactive testing.

For JavaScript, there are some great online resources. W3Schools is one of my favorites, but I also discovered Codecademy recently, which has some nice interactive lessons that you can take for free (plus more advanced stuff for a fee). Freecodecamp is another good resource.

If you run into any issues with your scripts, feel free to post here for help!

Okay, maybe for the future I would like to learn how to do it myself, but for this particular project I think I would like some help developing this particular script.