cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aryan201215
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I need help with figuring out how to lookup the right price of an item for a particular customer from a table.

I have an order line item table that contains "Customer Name" and "Item Name". Using this information together I want to look up the price from the price level table.

This is the image of the order line item table. I have a customers table where I store all information about my customers. I have an inventory table that contains all the items. The price level table contains all the pricing information. Each item can have different prices for different customers, hence the separate price level table.

aryan201215_1-1714237335267.png

aryan201215_0-1714237122543.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Try:
1. Create a formula field in "Order Line Items" that will mimic the primary field value of the "Price Level" table
2. Create a linked field between the two tables
3. In "Order Line Items", create a lookup field to display the price
4. Create an automation that will paste the value from the formula field in step 1 into the linked field in step 2

This'll automatically link records together for you, populating the lookup that you want

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Try:
1. Create a formula field in "Order Line Items" that will mimic the primary field value of the "Price Level" table
2. Create a linked field between the two tables
3. In "Order Line Items", create a lookup field to display the price
4. Create an automation that will paste the value from the formula field in step 1 into the linked field in step 2

This'll automatically link records together for you, populating the lookup that you want

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@aryan201215 

It doesn’t sound like the solution above is what you were asking for.

It sounds like you simply want to be able to select from the official list of items that are linked to a certain customer.

To do this, you would just need to enable Airtable’s new dynamically-filtered linked record selection feature.

After you choose a customer, you will be shown only a list of items that are linked to them, so you can choose an item from the list of only their items.

Then, you would just have a normal lookup field that looks up the price of the item that you selected.

Note that the new dynamic linked record selection feature is extremely limited because it only works with 3 types of fields: text fields, number fields, and linked record fields. But in your case, that will work because you are using linked record fields.

You can read more about this feature at this link, and you can learn more about the limitations at this link.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

This is a great workaround! Thank you so much. You saved me a lot of trouble trying to use Make.com and other alternatives.