cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MegKrashCourse
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey Wonderful Community! 

I am currently having an issue with a formula that I am trying to show as a progress bar. Here are the specifics: 

I am calculating the percetage of time passed between a start date and an end date. The formula seems to be correct: 

ROUND((DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(), {Start Date}, 'days') / DATETIME_DIFF({End Date}, {Start Date}, 'days')) * 100, 2)

However, when I go into the "Formatting" section of the Formula Field, it gives me a very large percentage which seems to be incorrect (in this particular case the preview shows 345600% but in the formula section, the preview shows 35.56%. I have attached the two images of the settings below: 

Please can someone help me? xx
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Try removing the *100:

ROUND((DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(), {Start Date}, 'days') / DATETIME_DIFF({End Date}, {Start Date}, 'days')), 2)

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.44.23 PM.png

If you're displaying it as a bar you can try removing the ROUND too as there isn't much of a difference visually I reckon

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hello @MegKrashCourse 

You've done nothing wrong here. The formula is correct but airtable just used a different approach(nature) to handle the formula field.
Go to this official help page https://support.airtable.com/docs/number-based-fields-in-airtable#percent-fields
Read this and more.

The percentage field type hosts numerical values formatted as percentages. The values in a percent field are shown as fractions of 100 with the percent symbol. For example, .75 in a percent field is represented as 75%.  

If you still can't understand then see other user has same issues https://community.airtable.com/t5/development-apis/percent-field-is-appending-0-0-to-the-value-i-try...

Let me know more.

👍

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Try removing the *100:

ROUND((DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(), {Start Date}, 'days') / DATETIME_DIFF({End Date}, {Start Date}, 'days')), 2)

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.44.23 PM.png

If you're displaying it as a bar you can try removing the ROUND too as there isn't much of a difference visually I reckon

Link to base

Oh my gosh! You're amazing! Thank you so much!