871 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey_Brian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey everyone, I had a quick question to see if this is possible.

I view my projects in a timeline view that is grouped by what phase the projects are in.

The top group are projects that are coming up, but sometimes I dont have a date for an upcoming project aka I dont see the project in my timeline view.

I dont want to forget about possible projects that are coming up with no specified date and was wondering is there like some sort of an option with airtable timeline view to have records that dont have a date show up under the group name on the left bar or somewhere where I can remember like ohhhh right that needs to be scheduled?

Thank you for any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unlike the Calendar view which has a space on the right for undated records, the timeline view currently only shows records with dates. To easily see unscheduled records, your best option for now is to use a grid view with a filter that only shows records with empty date fields.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unlike the Calendar view which has a space on the right for undated records, the timeline view currently only shows records with dates. To easily see unscheduled records, your best option for now is to use a grid view with a filter that only shows records with empty date fields.

Oh okay, thank you for your help!

Irene_Pak1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Not sure if the user interface was different in 2022 when the previous answer was posted, but this is not (or no longer) true. 

Obviously records without dates cannot be placed ON the timeline, but there is a pop-out menu on the right hand side that shows all records that are waiting to be assigned dates. See screenshots below.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 7.35.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 7.35.22 PM.png