Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Trying to organize sales data

459 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UrbnJ
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to organize my sales data in my Airtable base.

I add the data through CSV upload. For every day of sales I add I add a new column to my sales data table.

Now I want to run automatic calculations on the data. To give an example: if sales for a particular product are decreasing for a few days in a row I want to make this visible in Airtable, or automatically send an email as a warning. 

Now the problem is that if you create calculations to do this you do that for the existing columns, but every day I'm adding a new column to the table, so than the calculation won't include the newest data.

Does anyone know how to deal with this?

1 Reply 1
Brian_Sweeny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It seems like you are structuring your data in Airtable as you would in Excel. Properly structured data in Airtable will never include adding a new field (column as referred to above). You should probably flip your x and y axis and have each day be a new record (or row in excel speak), then explore airtable’s rollup field functionality to do the calculations. If you want to dive deeper, feel free to schedule a session with me!