2988 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Gaynor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does anyone know if you can add Airtable extensions/apps to interface designer?

14 Replies 14

I’m hoping they’ll introduce a dash soon - as there’s too many good things in Custom Scripts for them not to be added to an interface.

RewireCulture
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yeah I want to be able to track time spent on a task through the interface when I open up the task form, but I can't seem to do it. The Clockify extension works well within the data section but I haven't had any luck through the interfaces.

Leslie_Burke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would also really love to see this feature, as there is so much more control with permissions on interfaces. If I want someone to see what's in an extension, they can see everything in my tables. But, if I could put that on an interface, I can make it so they only have interface read-only access.

gabby-ilenstine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be such a game changer for our small business. We're a boutique cake shop, and our entire operation relies on Airtable. Interfaces have been so effective for consolidating our workflows and getting new hires up to speed quickly with processes that were previously not so user-friendly. My current project is to create a comprehensive front-of-house dashboard using only Interfaces, but unfortunately we rely on extensions for a lot of crucial tasks (printing tickets, batch scheduling deliveries via a script, etc.). It's tedious (and confusing for new hires) to have to toggle between interfaces and extensions. I really hope this is an integration Airtable implements soon!

Lclore
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Bumping this because a year later and I really need it. 

Liss_Meehan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be so helpful 🙂

st_phan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, this feature would be amazing. It would speed up workflows and reduce the amount of workarounds.

The_Team
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

At least let me trigger a button field that opens and runs a script.

hannahRFP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would also like extensions to be added to interfaces! Or even a button field to run a script, as mentioned above.

I want interface users to be able to upload CSV files , which is possible with the Airtable 'CSV import' extension, but not possible from an interface which leaves me in a tricky position!

Fingers crossed a developer at Airtable sees this thread and integrates it 🤞

You should be able to Trigger a script from an automation with the "when button is clicked" automation! Hope that helps! We do it all the time! 

We use this button to optimize our route in Gmaps and then rearrange our days based on traffic conditions. 

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 9.12.36 AM.png

This is possible now via automations native in airtable. 

Thank you for the info and use case example @Lclore! Now I just need to work out how to write a script to run the CSV import extension, I assume this is possible? I've not written a custom script on airtable before so my knowledge is limited, but definitely something to learn! 
Do you have any recommendations of where is best to research/ learn this?

Thanks so much for your help so far 😄

Sorry you're outside my expertise. I would assume it's possible. But Im not a coder. Just a carpenter actually. I built the automation but had a family member code it. But I would assume anything is possible via scripting.