cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hendrik_Dacquin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

👋

I have an interface with a grid view. In the view there is a select field. 

I want user to be able to select one field, copy the field (CMD+C or CTRL+C) and Paste in the same fields of the other records

On Mac this works perfectly. CMD+C copies the selected field. With Shift users can select the same fields of the other records in the Grid and with CMD-V they can paste it in 

However for users using Windows 11 with Edge or Chrome this does not work: CTRL-C is fine (you get a notification that the cell is copies). With Shift you can select the cells of the other records and they are being selected (blue background). However CTRL+V does not work. 

This works fine in the base. Just not in the interface. 

Is this a bug or a known limitation? 

Best

Hendrik

2 Replies 2
Lawrence_Hiner
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the same question from a Mac perspective with a small update. CMD+C does not copy cell data from the grid element in an interface. It's been a problem for as long as I remember Interfaces existing, but I'm uncertain if this is a permissions setting that is not accessible by base creators.

To be clear, CMD+C works fine to copy from standard grid layouts in the base data views. There's even a temporary popup in the lower left of the window indicating the number of cells copied (e.g. "4 cells copied"). It's only in interfaces that the grid element does not allow copying.

Same question. Is this a bug or limitation?

I'm also interested in this topic. CMD+C doesn't seem to copy cell or multiple cell data from Grid element in interfaces.